BeccaNawandaFiles

Becca @ Nawanda Files

Half the mind behind YA Book Blog: Nawanda Files -- featuring books into movie news and ARC reviews! I love paranormal, sci-fi, and anything with a swoony romance.

My Love Lies Bleeding
Alyxandra Harvey
How to Love
Katie Cotugno
Of Silver and Beasts
Trisha Wolfe
The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater Possibly my favorite book of 2011. The Scorpio Races hooked me by the first chapter. I was enamored with the world Stiefvater created and the beauty in her prose. Horses, for me, have never been interesting. I can honestly say that I connected with the water horses and the land horses alike. The writing made that possible by providing these animals with human emotions and characteristics to where we understood them even absent words. When they screamed, I felt a little part of me clench up. Everything about Thisby, the Scorpio Races, and the horses kept me reading from start to finish in just two short days. Sean Kendrick. What can you say about a guy who has little to say himself? All the characters were dynamic, but none more than Sean. I love him. No, I adore him. I have never read any one quite like Sean before, and maybe that’s why I had to keep reading. He is the very best at dealing with the water horses, and that showed, as well as his love for them. Puck Connolly. She reminds me a little of other female YA characters, but that’s okay. She never irritated me or made me want to chuck the book across the room. Stiefvater never had to tell us who she was. She always showed us.When you close this book, it will still be with you. Days after, I can guarantee that. The last few lines make it so. And even now, as I write this, I can clearly picture Thisby and even smell it. I can smell that island and the ocean like its right beside me. This was my first Maggie Stiefvater book, but it will not be my last. I give The Scorpio Races a 5 out of 5 and recommend it to everyone, especially those who like amazing world building and rich prose.